Blank Baseplates

SamXTherapy

Blank Baseplates

Post by SamXTherapy » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:38 pm

Everybody knows the old "flip over the plate" method, which doesn't work on many pedals, and everyone probably knows about the bike chain links method, too.

I have several pedals which don't like having the base flipped over and the bike chain thing never appealed to me. I like the immediacy of Dual Lock (and if you use velcro, don't; use Dual Lock instead, it's far better). Anyhow, I decided to get some blank plates for me pedals, and bought 'em from these lads:

https://custompedalboards.co.uk/shop/pe ... -plates-2/

They come with velcro as standard but I ordered 'em without. Placed the order on a weekend, and the things were there the following Monday.

For me in the UK, they were the lowest cost available - you get a discount for bulk orders - and reasonable shipping costs. Good quality but what's to say about a simple metal plate, other than they were the right size with holes in the right places? All installed and everything is good.
Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Re: Blank Baseplates

Post by laurie » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:31 pm

That looks pretty reasonable if buying in quantity...

I used to be able to buy spare baseplates from Roland here in Canada. Haven't tried for about 15 years though :?

What I really need is a CNC machine to make my own baseplates (only a couple of hundred grand for the one I want!)... plus a 3D metal printer. Plus... oh, nevermind. It wouldn't all fit in the garage!

SamXTherapy

Re: Blank Baseplates

Post by SamXTherapy » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:33 am

I think it's high time the pedals were supplied without the rubber attached, but included if you really wanted to stick it on.

I get the idea behind the new bases - did you notice the previous version had even less space than the originals? - but it's not ideal.
Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum