Availability problems in the UK

Old_Iron

Re: Availability problems in the UK

Post by Old_Iron » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:10 pm

bigtone23 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:59 pm
SamXTherapy wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:14 am
Yeah, especially room temperature superconductors. ;)
Yep! :D
:lol:

Cute mistake, I would have done the same.

You meant semiconductors.

visserman

Post by visserman » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:35 pm

I think the main reason is: A lot of people have given up playing music full stop, there is a lot less going on then there used to be the case. Yes the Covid situation may be a little bit better, but in terms of long term planning of gigs, concerts, supply and logistics things are still a lot slower.

The main bulk of the pedals get sold to people to play for a hobby, or semi profs and that last cat. seem to be less enthusiastic to come out and start playing again....

This is just the vibe from what I pick up from what is around me and the people who I meet and talk to.

Off course, then there is the thing about electrical components going up, shipping cost going up etc. etc. Sum it up a the whole mood is careful and less enthusiastic with all the bad news we hear day after day.
Making music is a leisure activity and when people feel less hopeful about their daily situation, it is one of things which goes first out of the window.

SamXTherapy

Post by SamXTherapy » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:29 am

I can't imagine the lack of enthusiasm for playing live would affect the supply chain, and, since there are many more bedroom players than gigging musicians, I'd guess there's as much of a market for pedals as before. If anything, according to most news items, people are more inclined to look for pleasurable things to do during times of crisis, because it provides a measure of escape. Sure, there may be many who are reluctant to buy new things if money is tight but there are still many people with disposable income.

I believe the supply problems are more due to shortages of raw materials and chips more than anything else; then again, maybe we've reached Peak Pedal. :D
Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:34 pm

SamXTherapy wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:29 am
I believe the supply problems are more due to shortages of raw materials and chips more than anything else; then again, maybe we've reached Peak Pedal. :D
Probably that is why the RE-2 release is taking so long.

That RE-2 picture leaked had a batch number from october 2021 and no sign from Boss about it's birth date yet.

One interesting thing about the RE-2 issue date delay is that it points out that when pedals have a batch number from before the official release date (I have a few) it is due to either a problem in the manufacture (like a component shortage) or due to Boss building up a good stock to finally release them.

And that practice began after the change to paper sticker batch numbers, because I never saw a 4 digits stamped batch number from before the official release date.