Boss and Loop Stations and Beyond

visserman

Boss and Loop Stations and Beyond

Post by visserman » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:19 pm

It has been sometime since I looked at the current line-up of Boss pedals and what they have on offer today.

A few weeks ago I was in a local music store, and whilst passing the Boss pedals, my eyes fell on the RC-5 and some of the controls. Did not even know that there was something like a RC-5.

Today I checked its manual, yes impressive but really....

As I looked under the Loop Station Section I could not believe the amount of Loopers they offer today:

https://www.boss.info/uk/categories/loop_station/

And how quickly they change and come up with a new model.

I can remember when the RC-20 came out, thinking "That is something I need to check out at some point" At the same time I was becoming fascinated with the possibilities one could have with the hold function of the DD6 and combining its potential with other delay pedals. I know, in terms of a looping time 4 sec. it is nothing compared to what you could do with a RC-50 or RC-20.

For a quick overview of the last 17 years in looping:

https://www.boss.info/master/promos/loop_station/

With the RC-600 it seems you can just use that one its own, even without using any other Boss effects, since it has it all you the effects you will ever need, available from one unit! Makes me wonder why I make life so hard by getting so much out of those 40 seconds of the DD7, and none of these musical journeys can be saved.

Does anyone of you have any of those recent Loop Station offerings? Do you feel it will add much to what you already can do looping wise?
We certainly have choice and variety on offer here. No need to complain about lack of inventiveness from Boss side here! They really seem to cater for any kind of musician with their current line-up of Loop Stations!

Fallen_lassen
SBZ: Silver

Re: Boss and Loop Stations and Beyond

Post by Fallen_lassen » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:46 pm

I have and use the rc-5 for an end of effect chain recorder, the semi programmable drumcomputer backing is als very good.
The last 25 years I have used all the dd’s and dsd’s and when the rc’s emerged I added those for the saving part the dd’s lacked.
The rc-5 is also very good at replacing my ehx 16 digital delay ri, for the backward loops .

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:11 pm

Fallen_lassen wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:46 pm
I have and use the rc-5 for an end of effect chain recorder, the semi programmable drumcomputer backing is als very good.
And now I'm GASing for an RC-5 lol. My trustworthy RC-3 does the job but I find the drum backings ordinary sometimes.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:43 am

40 seconds from the DD7 or DD8 is plenty for me

I'm not a dedicated or fanatic looper
Jerem, Jeremy on BAF and SBZ