Revisiting an old friend

sclitheroe
SBZ: Platinum

Re: Revisiting an old friend

Post by sclitheroe » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:22 am

fuzzbuzzfuzz wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:29 am
Prices here in Japan have doubled since their demise, certainly over $120 per item.
Certainly true for the FRV-1, which is crazy priced. That being said, I love mine - it's been on my board ever since I got it, which was the year it was released.

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:15 am

sclitheroe wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:22 am
fuzzbuzzfuzz wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:29 am
Prices here in Japan have doubled since their demise, certainly over $120 per item.
Certainly true for the FRV-1, which is crazy priced. That being said, I love mine - it's been on my board ever since I got it, which was the year it was released.
I am curious about that one, any cons to pros I should consider? Thanks.

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:31 am

I bought one. All excited. And it works, faithfully to the original.

But. I found it to be a one-trick pony. VERY good at that one trick, but I found I wanted more versatility. When the prices went crazy I sold it for a tidy profit.

sclitheroe
SBZ: Platinum

Post by sclitheroe » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:45 am

laurie wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:31 am
I bought one. All excited. And it works, faithfully to the original.

But. I found it to be a one-trick pony. VERY good at that one trick, but I found I wanted more versatility. When the prices went crazy I sold it for a tidy profit.
That's why I have three one-trick reverbs on my board...sigh..(FRV-1, TE-2, and a Meteore) :D

Overall, I wouldn't consider the FRV-1 to be one-trick, unless one considers a spring tank in an amp to be one-trick as well (which I guess it is, but I don't have reverb on my amp)

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:09 am

sclitheroe wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:45 am
I wouldn't consider the FRV-1 to be one-trick, unless one considers a spring tank in an amp to be one-trick as well
I use the spring reverb on my Dr Z all the time. Sounds great. So did the FRV-1 :)

But the versatility of the AxeFX reverb is what I really like to tinker around with.

visserman

Post by visserman » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:19 pm

Hello guys, very late with my observations but heh, I think most of us were here when the original Fender pedals came out. The comment was then: "Oh COSM, I wish they had left that out of the compact pedal range" ---remember, it was used on the larger pedals such as the Chorus and Overdrive ones, but was not yet common for the compact range-----

Anyway, it seems that over time people do not seem to mind and the appreciation for the Fender pedals seem to have gone up.