Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: Coming Soon to my pedalboard! :) SD-1 Black Label MIT

Post by Pepe » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:53 pm

bigtone23 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:29 pm
My bad, I meant CE-2!

[...]

"DURTY ..." :lol:

How did it end up with the NF-1 treadle?

(And the MIT CE-1 confused me a LOT! :? )
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

NeavesTheKnight

Post by NeavesTheKnight » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:43 am

No worries at all, Lol :lol:

Those are some beauts there Bigtone!
How far apart are the manufacture dates on those? I think you may have already said but I don’t remember.

I’m really interested in the differences in those Green MIJ caps versus the MIT ones.

Seeing yours makes me want to secretly buy an MIJ SD-1 and do a shoot out here at home, lol

bigtone23

Post by bigtone23 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:45 am

NeavesTheWicked wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:43 am
No worries at all, Lol :lol:

Those are some beauts there Bigtone!
How far apart are the manufacture dates on those? I think you may have already said but I don’t remember.

I’m really interested in the differences in those Green MIJ caps versus the MIT ones.

Seeing yours makes me want to secretly buy an MIJ SD-1 and do a shoot out here at home, lol
Pepe wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:53 pm
bigtone23 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:29 pm
My bad, I meant CE-2!

[...]

"DURTY ..." :lol:

How did it end up with the NF-1 treadle?

(And the MIT CE-1 confused me a LOT! :? )
I can't remember exactly when the MIT DS1 was made-as I don't have it in my possession anymore. Pretty sure it was from 89 or 90. I gave it back to my friend who gave it to me. It was his pedal back in the 90s. I'm not sure how he lost the foot plate/treadle part, though, and I don't think he remembers either, haha. He gave me the pedal about 20 years ago since I didn't have a DS1 and he wasn't using his. I had to have it with all the necessary parts, and after quite a bit of looking, I found a the Noise Gate replacement foot plate and spring in a shop that had random pedal parts laying around. I found my (Oct 86) MIJ DS1 a few years ago and quit using the MIT. My friend was talking about picking up a MIJ DS1 and I reminded him that he gave me his MIT, how it was identical to the MIJ and I would gladly give his back. He gladly accepted it back, of course!

I'm not a golden eared cork sniffer, but I couldn't tell a difference between the two pedals. I'm guessing those caps were made of similar materials..?

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:32 am

Are the early SD-1's with box hard to find at all? I recently spotted one and brushed off the temptation knowing I had an early MIT and MIJ (unboxed) sitting at home and I shouldn't needlessly waste cash (ha! as...if) :lol:

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:50 am

The silver screw ones are. I’ve been after one for years ! :lol: