PH-3 feedback?

sclitheroe
SBZ: Platinum

Re: PH-3 feedback?

Post by sclitheroe » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Saw Bombino last night (a Tuareg musician), which was awesome by itself, but also lots of tasty, _subtle_ phaser. Gave me lots of ideas to try out - I can definitely see where the block Phase 90 could be too in-your-face, so it will be interesting to play around with the LGP with its depth knob.

sclitheroe

Post by sclitheroe » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:46 pm

LGP serial # 176 has arrived, now to evaluate :)

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:19 am

My model is #155. Expect a whole different sound compared to the Phase 90!
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

sclitheroe

Post by sclitheroe » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:39 am

Pepe wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:19 am
My model is #155. Expect a whole different sound compared to the Phase 90!
_very_ different! I haven't explored the "more" range on the LGP yet, but my initial impression is that there is almost no overlap between them!

Admin
Site Admin
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Post by Admin » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:10 am

Pepe wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:19 am
My model is #155.
Mine is 154.

Sclitheroe wrote:I haven't explored the "more" range on the LGP yet, but my initial impression is that there is almost no overlap between them!
I don't use the "more" range, I find the normal range to be perfect. There are many more phasers out there that you should check out. Not that there are better phasers, just different phasers that can't do the same things.

sclitheroe

Post by sclitheroe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:11 am

LGP is a total keeper, and my board was rearranged to accomodate :) The Phase 90 is really cool too, and I'll hold on to it as well, but it feels more like an "effect" - something to switch in on occasion, but probably not all the time. Whereas with the LGP, I can leave it on in a variety of contexts. The instructions it came with were correct - it's subtle, but you notice when its off!

One of the things that I'm finding, that's hard to explain (and maybe I'm misperceiving) is that as the phaser moves through its sweep, the resonance of my amp cabinet seems to rise and fall as well. I guess in reality it's subtractive, since the phaser introduces notches in the frequency spectrum, but when it comes back, it feels much more apparent. It's fun to work your playing dynamics to accentuate that effect. Maybe I'm totally off my rocker, and it's in my head; has anyone noticed anything similar (the phaser's effect on the cabinet, not the effect in my head, heh)? Or maybe its changes to apparent volume, or something else. But whatever it is, I find playing with the phaser on to be really satisfying - very similar to my love of a good trem, because you can play in and around the effect (such as my playing is)

This has been a really great exploration of two pedals in the same genre - resulting in discovering an effect that it turns out I really enjoy.

-Scott