Daisy Chain Query

SamThe Man

Daisy Chain Query

Post by SamThe Man » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:43 am

I have a Boss TU-3, and I have daisy chained it to four other (non-BOSS) pedals on my pedalboard. Now I use a PSA-240S that is plugged into the IN of the TU-3 and then the rest of the pedals are plugged into the INs. I leave the OUT of the TU-3 unplugged and not in use. A friend recently told me, I had set it up incorrectly, and that I should plug one of the daisy chains plugs into the OUT of the TU-3 which then would go into the other pedals. I told him I have used my set up with no issues, but he tells me it's not correctly set up. I'm confused, please help. Is this correct set up or not? And if not, why has the set up worked perfectly fine

Dirk
SBZ: Double Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Re: Daisy Chain Query

Post by Dirk » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:19 pm

It is correct, the out on your TU-3 is the same as any of the jacks on your daisy chain. It's just there as a convenience to pass power.

SamThe Man

Post by SamThe Man » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Thanks for your reply Dirk.
What do you mean by "It's just there as a convenience to pass power." How I have it set up by using the IN, isn't that also passing the power to the other pedals or is it different using the OUT?

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum

Post by Pepe » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:35 pm

Hello, SamThe Man!

As far as I know the input and the output of the TU-2 and TU-3 work in either way. You can also plug in your power supply at the DC output of your TU-3 and it should work. Both jacks are wired in parallel and thus working exactly like the daisy-chain cables.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

Dirk
SBZ: Double Platinum

Post by Dirk » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Right. And therefore it's a convenience. There's also 2 kinds of daisy chain cables, 1 type that only has male jacks and another type that also has a female jack to connect to the wall adaptor directly. In case of using model no.1 you'd have to use the IN/OUT jacks on the TU-3.