hello everybody peeps !

BenF

hello everybody peeps !

Post by BenF » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:00 am

Hi folks,

I am the lurker that reads, absorbs and learns but rarely joins in. I play guitar (92 les paul among others) but my main obsession is analogue synths. I have a few rat clones but dont actually own a Boss pedal at present :(

Which brings me to this post, I built and maintain Boss (and Roland and others) vintage equipment manufacture date decoders.

The one of interest to your ilk would most likely be here :-

http://serial-number-decoder.co.uk/boss/boss.htm

It decodes the serial but cross references against model numbers for the periods where the serial returns more than one possible date, I update it roughly every week or so, whenever I am given new info. It also returns links to manuals if I have them, I welcome links for manuals I dont have.

Many posts from this very forum has gone in to helping me get dates for various equipment so I thank you for that. I welcome any input including extra ways to help people narrow down dates and especially where my tool gets it wrong.

I welcome any input and look forward to actually getting slightly more involved than I have been.
I made some tools to date equipment :-
Boss pedals - Roland stuff - DOD pedals - Ibanez pedals - Pots and speakers

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Re: hello everybody peeps !

Post by BearBoy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:22 am

Welcome to the forum!

Funnily enough, someone on another forum was trying to date their JC-77 amp and so I shared your serial number decoder with them. Looks like you have a happy punter :)

BenF

Re: hello everybody peeps !

Post by BenF » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:38 am

Thank you BearBoy its nice to finally come out of the shadows,

Excellent to hear people making use of my efforts :)
I made some tools to date equipment :-
Boss pedals - Roland stuff - DOD pedals - Ibanez pedals - Pots and speakers