Boss pedals you miss

Demon Dave
SBZ: Copper

Re: Boss pedals you miss

Post by Demon Dave » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:36 pm

1st a Digital Metalizer MZ-2 I can’t live without one ;)
Last edited by Demon Dave on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sclitheroe
SBZ: Platinum

Post by sclitheroe » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:41 am

I feel like I shouldn't have parted with either of my HM-2's - I didn't really know what to do with them at the time, and I think now they would make a nice contrast to my usual dirt.

Let's turn this around too, though - which pedals have you kept that you are absolutely glad you did?

For me, that's:

- the FRV-1, rather than thinking a boutique pedal would outperform it. It's been on my board since 2009!
- the TE-2, just because I enjoy messing around with it more than I'd enjoy selling it. Does one thing, but nothing else does that thing
- the OD-1X - sometimes I love it, mostly I can't stand it. But what would I do if I was in a love phase and didn't have it? Very much a part time board member, but those one week stands..man oh man!

-Scott

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Demon Dave wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:36 pm
1st a Digital Metalizer MZ-2 I can’t live without one ;)
Wow that's really the first time I hear that one as a favorite. That's very cool. Liked the pedal, just couldn't find a use for it with the other pedals I already had.

As far as turning things around, I could NOT lose my BB-1X. It's what I always looked for in a bass driver. No noise, great dirt, easy to dial to what I want it to sound like, really a workhorse on my bass board.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

Demon Dave

Post by Demon Dave » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:38 pm

The MZ-2 is a discontinued unit, that can make much noise, if used in the wrong pedal chain. But when you start to understand how to make it work, you’ll never let it out. I bought 3, but whenever I’ll find one I’ll buy it again and again 🤩 (I know I’m mad Pepe knows)

Ptak
Bossarea: Silver

Post by Ptak » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:58 pm

sclitheroe wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:41 am
Let's turn this around too, though - which pedals have you kept that you are absolutely glad you did?

For me, that's:

- the FRV-1, rather than thinking a boutique pedal would outperform it. It's been on my board since 2009!
- the TE-2, just because I enjoy messing around with it more than I'd enjoy selling it. Does one thing, but nothing else does that thing
- the OD-1X - sometimes I love it, mostly I can't stand it. But what would I do if I was in a love phase and didn't have it? Very much a part time board member, but those one week stands..man oh man!

-Scott
Sclitheroe, that's a good idea for a new thread! You should start it up :D We need as many new topics as possible to grow!

Kulten

Post by Kulten » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:54 pm

I have my first SYB-3 since 1996, followed me everywhere, it's my first real synthesizer and I spent so much time playing with it.

I think I would never let go now my FB-2 I picked up one year ago, and I wouldn't believe at the time it became so important in my pedalboard.

tunghaichuan

Post by tunghaichuan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 pm

Definitely my DC-2. I paid $40 way back when, and there was another identical one I passed on at the time. If I had only known then what I know now.

And my MIJ DD-3. I've got a Taiwanese-made DD-3 and it just doesn't sound the same.