Boss pedals you miss

Kulten
SBZ: Copper

Boss pedals you miss

Post by Kulten » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:40 pm

So, wich one are you missing ?

My FZ-2, the Fuzz Mode II was so perfect for my bass... sold it. I needed to buy something else, but I can't tell if it was a good thing to do. I also remember I found once a used HF-2, tried it, hesitated, came back a few days later in the second hand shop but it was gone.

chromandre

Re: Boss pedals you miss

Post by chromandre » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:11 am

yes on both of those, i had the HF-2 as a teen didnt even know what I had! And the FZ-2 was just too tempting to sell

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:35 am

I sometimes miss my DC-2.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

Kulten

Post by Kulten » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:47 pm

Gasgano wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:35 am
I sometimes miss my DC-2.
I even did'nt see a DC-2 for real.

Gasgano

Post by Gasgano » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:33 pm

Kulten wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:47 pm
I even did'nt see a DC-2 for real.
It is the coolest chorus I've ever owned, although it compares only to the CH-1, CEB-3 and CE-5, so I wonder if I wouldn't be better off with a CE-2, CE-2 or CE-2W.

So much lush, even in Mono. However, it's in Stereo that this pedal is the most "flabbergasting" but I usually play in mono so considering the value on tha market vs the use I was making of it, I decided to pass it on.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:47 pm

I bought the DC-2 after a long search for a reasonable priced unit but more as a BOSS collector. Popped it in the draw until very recently and was blown away by its "instant 80s" (the good bits!). I love the simple selection, from a Leslie on Slow to full Cure. But it doesn't wobble the sound with vibrato. Overall I'm glad I've come to like it.

I regret a bit selling my TR-2, it did what it did so well and simply, like all BOSS, easy to dial in, super reliable.

I regret selling my boxed FZ-3 for the same reason, as soon as I packed it for sending and gave it one last test my heart sank a bit !

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:15 pm

I would like to grab another PS-2. That's a funny model.

All the other pedals that I missed at some point after selling them are again in my collection (plus they are in better optical condition).
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

Ptak
Bossarea: Silver

Post by Ptak » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:12 am

Even though I have a decent sized collection there is one pedal I've had a few times and no longer do which I regret. Any black label version DS-1. I'm a Nirvana fan and there's been countless times where I've messed with my amp settings when all I ever needed was an old beat up DS-1.

I haven't had gas in a few years and lately I've been feeling quite bloated :oops: might be time for a release! :lol:

Demon Dave

Post by Demon Dave » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:44 pm

I’ve decided not to sell any of my boss pedals, and thats all 👍🏻

Gasgano

Post by Gasgano » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:52 pm

Demon Dave wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:44 pm
I’ve decided not to sell any of my boss pedals, and thats all 👍🏻
Then... if your collection disappeared today, which one would you buy right away?