Boss Wishlist

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Re: Boss Wishlist

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:52 am

sclitheroe wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:34 am
A compact pedal RE-20 would be an automatic buy for me. 3 dual ganged pots, and a multi-detent mode selector, for a total of 4 knobs, and then it would fit the current digital compact 4 pot layout (eg. the OD-1X, DS-1X, etc)

The original RE-20 is a COSM pedal, and they fit many COSM models into the compact form factor, so assuming its the same chip for the entire COSM line, it's eminently doable.

-Scott
Yes, agreed, a dedicated compact Space Echo emulation, stereo ins/outs and an expression in too. Win! :)

Demon Dave
SBZ: Copper

Post by Demon Dave » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:33 am

This guy
Attachments
1A41E4AE-9C22-49DB-8295-DD8D99B8DF4F.jpeg
1A41E4AE-9C22-49DB-8295-DD8D99B8DF4F.jpeg (21.98 KiB) Viewed 8425 times

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Loop stations are cool. I love my RC-3. (a Black RC-3 would be cool too).

But what would you want Boss to develop? Something they haven't done but you believe they should design?
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

Demon Dave
SBZ: Copper

Re: Bossl Wishlist

Post by Demon Dave » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:30 pm

Well there’s a world of different boss pedals out there, I already own what I really need to play. But what I would like to have is a kind of expression pedal, an eclectic one, like a superego+ in a compact boss stompbox. I think this dream is too big, isn’t it?

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

SamXTherapy

Post by SamXTherapy » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:03 am

Quite honestly, I wish Boss would start a prolonged campaign of making analog pedals again. Even if the original chips aren't available, Roland has the financial clout to remanufacture out of production gear, even to the extent of reverse engineering if necessary.

While we're at it, why not step up a gear and make the Waza standard the default standard for their pedals? Better quality components with narrower tolerances would make a lot of people happy and would do away with the choice of either keeping a pristine pedal, or spending extra on a third party mod. Sure, there's a price to pay but the Waza range proves there's a market for it. In the long term, the ongoing Waza range could be come the "Super Plus Waza" or the "Mega Plus Waza" or some such bollocks.

As for the digital/analog thing... don't get me wrong here; digital is great in context. I love some of the digital stuff being made by boutique/small builders recently but for some applications, nothing beats the good old analog circuits. Example, tell me there's a digital phaser better than the PH-1r and I'll take you to see a big dog. :D
Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum

ChristoMephisto

Post by ChristoMephisto » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:24 pm

An overdrive version of the MZ2 Digital Metalizer. The current model has an analouge DS2 distortion and a digital based delay and chorus based on the CE2. Having an effect knob for the delay n chorus would be nice too.

SamXTherapy

Post by SamXTherapy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:17 pm

Expanding on my post above, the one box I'd love to see revived in Waza form is the good old BF-2. I have an ancient one - it's so old the manual's in Latin - but I'd love to replace it with a shiny new box. An extra socket for connecting an optional expression pedal to control the LFO, plus optional stereo outs. Custom mode switches to BF-1 mode.

Also, it absolutely, positively has to have the old style black controls with red lines, not the horrible cheap and nasty white topped things.

While they're at it they can make the PH-1rW, too. :)
Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum