Boss Wishlist

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Boss Wishlist

Post by Gasgano » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:01 pm

This was always a topic I liked, so I'm resurrecting it.

While there are some Boss pedals that we absolutely love, some being unianimously praised or some being our very own debated personal favorites (like my unconditionnal love for the DA-2 and BB-1X that some might find too digital), we all have a few pedals we would like to see from Boss. They have been really quiet on the compact side lately, issuing Waza Craft stuff and a hideous angry cross-over. It's time they put out some new exciting stuff.

What is the pedal you would throw your hard earned money at?

Boss PQ-4X Parametric Equalizer: As crazy or basic as it sounds, a parametric EQ with low noise, an input for guitar AND bass would be one I would love to see in the flesh and can see a use for. Would replace my GEB-7 on the bass board. Maybe a switch for true bypass like the TU-3W?

Boss OW-3 Optical Wah: A compact-sized Optical Wah like the ones AMT make. Make it switchless and you can put a 1,000$ pricetag on it and I'l still preorder it. Boss PW-3 is a step in the right direction but still too large for smaller boards like the Pedaltrain nano. I would dig the Maverick Mini Switchless Wah (that I own and love) in an even more compact format.

Boss OW-3B Bass Optical Wah: Well, isn't it obvious? :lol:

Boss SYB-7 Bass Synthetizer: SYB-5 with better tracking and maybe a few more sound options. MDP maybe?

So, what do you guys think? What do you guys want?
Last edited by Gasgano on Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Re: Boss Wishlist

Post by BearBoy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:24 pm

I've always fancied an updated PN-2 (PN-3? PN-2w?) with tap tempo or some sort of BPM sync.

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:10 pm

BearBoy wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:24 pm
I've always fancied an updated PN-2 (PN-3? PN-2w?) with tap tempo or some sort of BPM sync.
Interesting, tap tempo would definitely be a must on such a pedal.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:25 am

Gasgano wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:10 pm
BearBoy wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:24 pm
Interesting, tap tempo would definitely be a must on such a pedal.
Yes, the PN-2 is a classic but would be perfect for an upgrade. Tap tempo ANd an Exp. output so you could ramp speed with an expression pedal.
Also revise the speed knob (dual concentric?) to enable better range. Finally it often "clicks" quite loudly so fix that! :)

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:28 am

My wish is an UPPER octave ala. an Octavia.

Lets say the UP-2

- Metallic purple casing
- Green ringer type circuit (no fuzz just octave)
- Simple 2 or three knob layout.
- All analog

That's it! :D

The_Doc
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Gold

Post by The_Doc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:54 am

A Univibe please ! I’m sure Boss have the technology. Maybe a PH-4 Uni-phaser with a Univibe option.

chromandre

Post by chromandre » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:22 pm

OD-500 maybe its MDP with deep editing, or maybe its digitally controlled analog like chasebliss brothers and maybe the eq section is actually capable of sweet filter effects.

SY-003 just a downsized more affordable version of SY-300 , like what the GT-001 is to the GT-100

a compact freak pedal that just has a bunch of miscellaneous momentary effects. red panda tensor has this momentary effect where it just starts reversing from whenever you pressed the footswitch, I want that so bad! Also the catalin zero point flanger... a FB-2 style feedbacker... classic hold mode from dd-3 for good measure stuff like this, useful or weird momentary effects that dont have many knob parameters.

Kulten
SBZ: Copper

Post by Kulten » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Gasgano wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Boss SYB-7 Bass Synthetizer: SYB-5 with better tracking and maybe a few more sound options.
I would prefer the return of the sounds from the SYB-3, they are closer to the old Roland synths like System 100 or SH-101. The SYB-3 was more expensive because the chip inside was built for it, wereas the SYB-5 uses Roland chip we can find in other products.

But the SYB-5 :

- has a powerfull LFO effect
- a Pulse sound on Mode 8 that can simulate a synthetic voice

I wish the SYB-7 have independent Noise Level knob (so no need to have the "+ Noise" Modes) and a LFO Rate knob, and the 11 SYB Modes could be :

1- saw
2- square
3- pwm
4 - saw + LFO
5 - square + LFO
6 - pwm + LFO
7 - saw - 1 Octave
8 - square - 1 Octave
9 - pulse (SYB-5 Mode 8)
10 - Wave Shape
11 - AutoWah
Last edited by Kulten on Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Double Platinum

Post by Pepe » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:46 pm

Kulten wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:34 pm
I would prefer the return of the sounds from the SYB-3, they are closer to the old Roland synths like System 100 or SH-101.
Seconded! The SYB-3 sounds fantastic, really like a vintage analogue synthesizer. I was a bit disappointed by the SYB-5 when I first plugged it in (and also the other few times I gave it a chance), because it has the rather sterile and cold digital emulation sound.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram

Kulten
SBZ: Copper

Post by Kulten » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:58 pm

The SYB-3 is not the best compact bass synth, tracking problems, no user memories, problems that the Akai or the Mark Bass don't have, but it has that distinctive flavour from Roland synths with that incredible filter (the "Res." knob).