Is my new RC-500 faulty?

Al Funktion

Is my new RC-500 faulty?

Post by Al Funktion » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Hi Folks.

I bought the RC-500 looper about a month ago, on sale locally but brand new.

Every time I turn off the power I loose the loop I've made. It also disappears when I select a different memory slot (just turning the main dial from number 1 to another number).

Have I missed something? I've been watching tutorials all month, this problem is yet to be mentioned. With my Ditto Plus everything I loop is there until I delete it, whether the power is switched off or another slot chosen. I thought there must be something in the menus I need to tweak but I'm starting to think it's just faulty.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Old_Iron

Re: Is my new RC-500 faulty?

Post by Old_Iron » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:52 pm

Al Funktion wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:17 pm
Hi Folks.

I bought the RC-500 looper about a month ago, on sale locally but brand new.

Every time I turn off the power I loose the loop I've made. It also disappears when I select a different memory slot (just turning the main dial from number 1 to another number).

Have I missed something? I've been watching tutorials all month, this problem is yet to be mentioned. With my Ditto Plus everything I loop is there until I delete it, whether the power is switched off or another slot chosen. I thought there must be something in the menus I need to tweak but I'm starting to think it's just faulty.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Hello Al Funktion, welcome.

You didn't say that you read the manual, so I assume you didn't, at page 10 there is this text:

"If you select a different memory or turn off the power
after recording or editing the settings, the recorded
content or edited settings will be lost. If you want to keep
the data, you must save it."

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/ ... ng01_W.pdf

Maybe this is what you are missing.

Al Funktion

Post by Al Funktion » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:37 pm

Thanks Old_Iron, yes I totally avoided the manual in the box and thought I'd downloaded it later. That document is clearly something else.Thanks a lot, that does look like exactly what I need. Cheers 😁

Old_Iron

Post by Old_Iron » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:48 pm

Happy to help. 😊