Anybody ever use a...

MikeyDude

Anybody ever use a...

Post by MikeyDude » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:06 pm

Anyone ever use an overdrive next to a GT? I know the GTs have overdrives n distortions in them, I mean use it like a chain of stompers - delay, chorus, flange, wah, etc... with an outboard OD at the beginning or end of the chain.

I'm asking because I have a show coming up and I need a delay and a wah, but I use a TS9 with the Keeley mod, and I want to keep that in the group. I have a GT6 where I could make a couple patches with delay in one and nothing at all but the wah in the other, and put the TS9 in there for the boost.

Watcha think - Ever try it?

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Re: Anybody ever use a...

Post by laurie » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:08 pm

I've done it with a Fractal AX8. Fuzz pedal in front. Worked fine.

SamXTherapy

Post by SamXTherapy » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:38 am

At home, yes. I use my old - now non gigging - GT-5 for jamming, rather than firing up the big Marshall. I have two basic settings, one a "pushed clean", the other a basic crunch. I then use my pedalboard 4 cable, as I would with my amp. Going to the front there's a BD-2, SD-1, DS-1 for extra wallop.

TBH, it's the only time I've ever used the amp sims. Live, I used the delays, modulations and whatnot but got my basic tones from a real amp.
Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum

MikeyDude

Post by MikeyDude » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:48 pm

SamXTherapy wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:38 am
At home, yes. I use my old - now non gigging - GT-5 for jamming, rather than firing up the big Marshall. I have two basic settings, one a "pushed clean", the other a basic crunch. I then use my pedalboard 4 cable, as I would with my amp. Going to the front there's a BD-2, SD-1, DS-1 for extra wallop.

TBH, it's the only time I've ever used the amp sims. Live, I used the delays, modulations and whatnot but got my basic tones from a real amp.
I don't use the amp sims at all. I just wanted to try to use it as a plain effects board to go with my amp sound. I'm trying to avoid buying several stompers right now, so the GT would be to replace those.

SamXTherapy

Post by SamXTherapy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:16 am

Yeah, I get it. I haven't ever done that because back when I used the GT-5 in live situations, I never used any drive pedals at all. The only outboard stuff I had was my trusty old Cry Baby.

TBH, I don't think the dirt boxes built into the GT-5 - analog though they are - match up to their stomp box counterparts. May be a different story with later model GTs, though.
Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum