Welcome to phpBB3

Welcome former SBZ members, and all new members! Rule changes will be listed here.
Rich_S
SBZ: Bronze

Re: Welcome to phpBB3

Post by Rich_S » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:51 pm

Good to see we Boss geeks have found a new home. I'm not around much, but the various incarnations have proved to be a valuable asset over the years.

Danpol

Post by Danpol » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi everybody,
When I came back from my vacation, I read the sad news SBZ is closing down.
But I'm really glad DarrinPA started the BossAreaForum! Thanks!
I don't really post a lot but I do visit the forum a few times a week just to read the interesting posts.

Buzzard

Post by Buzzard » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Thanks for opening this forum.
I hope it will catch the spirit of SBZ. :)

Best Regards
Peter
Regards
Peter

Yamaholic: Guitars, amps and bikes.

Kulten
SBZ: Copper

Post by Kulten » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:02 pm

I'm back (again... :lol: ) .

laurie
SBZ: Multi Platinum
Bossarea: Multi Platinum

Post by laurie » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:24 am

Please feel free to lift anything that I've written on SBZ and copy it to this forum - the DD-3 repair notes, power supply notes, etc.

Or if you'd like me to do it I can then admin can make it sticky.

sclitheroe
SBZ: Platinum

Post by sclitheroe » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Quick tip for the new forum:

Once you are logged into the site once, bookmarking this link and using it to access the site will show you only threads with new posts since your last visit:
search.php?search_id=unreadposts

It differs just a bit from the same link you could use on the old forum (the F in "forum" is case sensitive on this new site)

It's a great way of keeping up on posts on a low traffic board like this. Thanks to Laurie for posting the URL for the old board a long time ago. All it takes to keep using it here is to adjust it as shown above.

-Scott

Admin
Site Admin
SBZ: Silver
Bossarea: Silver

Post by Admin » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:13 am

laurie wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:24 am
Please feel free to lift anything that I've written on SBZ and copy it to this forum - the DD-3 repair notes, power supply notes, etc.

Or if you'd like me to do it I can then admin can make it sticky.
For important things, copy it and feel free to make a new topic, just pm and I'll make it sticky. This goes for anybody here.

ALSO - I think this forum can really benefit from having photos to accompany your posts. The Boss Pedal Collection thread would be great to see.

If you guys don't know how, I can help you. If you email pics to me, I'll post them for you. (My email address is in my profile, just hover of "Send email to Admin", or PM me). If you want to text them to me, PM me and I'll give you number. I won't give out your info or bother you.

BearBoy
SBZ: Gold
Bossarea: Silver

Post by BearBoy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:35 am

Hi DarrinPA,

Having an issue with a photograph I posted in Fernieite's "Vintage Amp" thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11

The image looks the correct way up when viewing the forum on my phone (iPhone running Safari browser) but is sideways on my PC using Chrome.

The image is the correct way up if I just post the image URL into Chrome on my PC.

Quite possibly an issue my end so would be interested to know how it appears to others.

Zombie
SBZ: Copper

Post by Zombie » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:32 pm

I'm back. Cool new site.

Gasgano
SBZ: Silver

Post by Gasgano » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:43 pm

BearBoy wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:35 am
Quite possibly an issue my end so would be interested to know how it appears to others.
It is sideways on Chrome on PC and Samsung Galaxy S8 as well as the Samsung Internat app. In other words, it always shows sideways on my devices.
"People who are late are usually in a better mood than the people waiting for them to show up."