The Tremolo Thread

Discuss all non-Boss pedals here!
chromandre

Re: The Tremolo Thread

Post by chromandre » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:09 am

fuzzbuzzfuzz wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:28 pm
Yes, indeed you can to a degree. I have both the newer and older Rotovibes and tweaked them accordingly, the new one in particular has a much more pronounced (and slightly less "natural") warble which sounds rather alien and far too fast toe down. So I tweaked it and it was much better.

With the wah/vol or wah/trem pedals there's always the balancing act - usually a compromise between the two effects and ranges.

Whilst it is not a super drastic boost I really enjoyed the TVP-1 for having de-gaining a dirty amp into clean (set lower volume knob) then pushing it a bit more as you toe down (second knob set higher than unity).

With the TVP-1 I have not felt the need to adjust the rack/pinion as yet. Seems set pretty well, Blippy tremolo at full tilt but still noticeably tremolo.
I'll have to pull it out again and give it a whirl!

I'm someone addicted to picking up those old cumbersome 90s Dunlop double treadle pedals. Pondering modding the JH-1F Fuzz/wah at the moment!
OK yes! thats all good news to me! I think rotovibe is high on my list, I mainly need the fast sound if thats ready to go on the switch, slowing down is a bonus. I just happen to like the generic crybaby/vox wah shell, and I definitely want to snag the JH-1F fuzz wah. TVP-1 came up locally but I think I'm going to break instead for the gigfx "chop" (plain non-pro version)

bigtone23 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:46 pm
I absolutely love this pedalboard!!! so many heavy hitters so much earned real estate

Luke Drifter

Post by Luke Drifter » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:57 pm

Live, i use. t-rex Tremster. The 'volume' control essential, and with 20dB can act as a boost also

Studio I prefer the bias tremelo on my '63 Vibrosonic, or a similar style trem pedal: Mojohand Sugar baby or monster effects Swamp Thang are my go-tos there

I have an old Ibanez Stereo Box (which is a panning tool) some people use it as a tremelo with one amp, I dont like that

All said and done, I'm happy with a Boss TR-2. Its an 'always on' effect for me
Jerem, Jeremy on BAF and SBZ

fuzzbuzzfuzz

Post by fuzzbuzzfuzz » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:47 am

Luke Drifter wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:57 pm
Live, i use. t-rex Tremster. The 'volume' control essential, and with 20dB can act as a boost also

Studio I prefer the bias tremelo on my '63 Vibrosonic, or a similar style trem pedal: Mojohand Sugar baby or monster effects Swamp Thang are my go-tos there

I have an old Ibanez Stereo Box (which is a panning tool) some people use it as a tremelo with one amp, I dont like that

All said and done, I'm happy with a Boss TR-2. Its an 'always on' effect for me
Very nice, could have written that myself! (Bar the Stereo Box tremolo pan which is my go to easy record tremolo!)